Learning, Evaluation and Planning Resources
2018 Forum • October 15-16, 2018 • Monterey, CA
This resource library provides links to additional information about the topics and regional examples we will discuss at the Forum, including:
- Prioritization, short-term planning, and workload management
- Use of goals, objectives and other forms of guidance
- Evaluation, reflection and review
- Learning, mentorship and leadership
- Long-term and strategic planning
- Council history and institutional knowledge
- Emerging challenges
- Learning, sharing experience and building connections between regions
This library is a work in progress! We welcome your suggestions for additional materials you think are valuable to share with your colleagues.
Short-term planning: Getting it all done
Session objective: Share regional approaches for setting priorities, managing tradeoffs, engaging in short-term workload planning, and using council and staff time efficiently.
Evaluation: Stepping back and taking stock
Session objective: Explore regional examples of evaluation within the council process, and the role of evaluation and reflection in supporting the performance of council programs and operations.
Long-term planning: Looking ahead
Session objective: Share examples of approaches councils have taken to articulate values and aspirations, establish long-term goals, and support their implementation.