Forums are open to all currently active regional fishery management council members. To ensure balanced, diverse representation and constructive participation, the Fisheries Forum uses the following criteria to select applicants for inclusion in the forum:
- Approximately 20-30 council members
- At least one person from each regional fishery management council
- A blend of new council members and members who have been on a council for more than one term
- A blend of representatives from various sectors, including commercial, recreational, academic, state, federal, environmental and others
- A demonstrated interest in working with other council members to:
- build leadership and problem-solving skills,
- increase their understanding of fisheries and ocean science,
- expand their professional networks, and
- learn from successes and challenges in other regions.
After you have submitted your application below and you have been sent an acceptance letter, we will ask you to fill out a separate registration form to provide additional information about your travel plans.